GALA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
April 22-27, 2017
Entry Deadline: Sunday, April 2, 2017
Opening Reception & Judges’ Awards: Sat., April 22, 2-5 pm
Exhibit Viewing & People’s Choice Award: Sun., April 23, 2-5 pm
Exhibit Hours: Monday through Thursday, 10 am – 3 pm
Paul Goodwin: Instructor, President of Worcester County Camera Club
Winchendon Town Manager
Old Murdock Senior Center
52 Murdock Ave., Winchendon, MA 01475
2nd Floor Auditorium
Art Drop-off at Old Murdock Senior Center: Thursday, April 20, 4-6 pm
Art Pick-up at Old Murdock Senior Center: Friday, April 28, 3-5 pm
Show is open to ALL photographers (professional and amateur) who are 18 years or older. You must be a current member of GALA during the dates of the show. If you are unsure of your membership status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must submit your entry online.
- You may submit up to 3 photographs.
- Framed dimensions should not exceed 48″ in any direction
- Photographs must be framed with glass and properly wired for hanging. Please, no saw tooth hangers or sandwich/clip frames.
- There is an $8 Installation Fee for each photograph submitted.
- GALA receives a 20% commission on all artwork sold during the show.
Membership: GALA promotes the arts as an essential component of a healthy community. GALA helps its members reach a wider audience for their work through art shows, the GALA website, and the GALA email newsletter.
- Individual: $25/year
- Senior (65+): $15/year
- Student: $15/year
- Family: $35/year
You may join or renew on your entry form.
Volunteers: A show with active volunteers is more enjoyable and successful! We welcome any assistance you can provide. Please check the volunteer box on your entry form.
Artist Statement & Business Cards: If you would like to have your statement included in the Artist Statement Book which will be on display at the show, please provide an 8.5”x11” (letter size) statement at the drop-off. You are also welcome to bring your business cards to be displayed at the show. Bring your cards to the drop-off or anytime during the show.
Liability: GALA does not assume responsibility for any work on exhibit or in transit. Every effort is made to maintain a safe and secure show. The applicant agrees that the Gardner Area League of Artists (GALA) and/or its Board of Directors and/or Committees and/or the Old Murdock Senior Center are not responsible for the theft of, or damage to any works prior to, during or after the exhibit. The applicant further agrees to leave all entries until the end of the show.
Image Usage: By submitting to this GALA show, you give permission to GALA to use images of your work on our websites and in promotional advertisements. Please contact us with any questions.
- Entry Deadline: Sunday, April 2
- Art Drop-off at Old Murdock Senior Center: Thursday, April 20, 4-6 pm
- Art Pick-up at Old Murdock Senior Center: Friday, April 28, 3-5 pm
- Opening Reception & Judges’ Awards: Saturday, April 22, 2-5 pm
- Exhibit Viewing & People’s Choice Award: Sunday, April 23, 2-5 pm
Want to Receive GALA Call for Entries?
If you are not already on our email list join now to ensure you will receive our Call for Entries. If you do not have email, call 978-630-2340 to request that a Call for Entries be mailed to you.