GALA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
We are an organization that embraces the arts of all kinds in the greater Gardner area. We have a solid membership of not only visual artists, but also musicians, writers, and art enthusiasts.
Our membership offers a full year of benefits regardless of when you join. Your renewal date is the same date in the following year. If you renew early, you receive a full additional year added to your membership.
Membership includes the following benefits:
- Member and special exhibits all year long
- Classes and lectures
- Free member activities such as Artists Critiques
- Events open to both members & the public such as Poetry Open Mics
- Music performances and jam sessions
- And much more!
Artist Promotion and Exposure:
- Artist Directory listing on our website
- Musician Directory listing on our website
- Announcements of shows, awards, and other artistic achievements in our award winning monthly e-newsletter, website, and Facebook page
Participate in group shows and in solo shows
- Spring Art Show with Live Music is a very well attended, three day event held annually and features all our members in one of the largest art shows in the region. Featured musicians accompany a showcase of our members’ talent. Ribbons are awarded in the various mediums by judges from art institutions around the region. A People’s Choice award is also awarded at the close of the show based on votes cast by the public who attended. Art raffles and other features such as silent art auctions or special art sales are also part of the event and help to raise operating funds for GALA.
Engaging with other local artists through member events:
- GALA Artists Critique is a group of visual artists who gather to give and receive feedback on their current artwork and also to discuss different kinds of mediums and techniques.
- GALA En Plein Air is a group of visual artists who meet at various outdoor locations to paint, draw, or photograph the landscapes for a couple of hours. The group gathers at the end to discuss the results of each other’s creations.
- GALA Annual Meeting is an opportunity for members to meet and create new connections and friendships and to look back on the previous year’s accomplishments as well as provide feedback on what they would like to see the organization focus on in the coming year. There is also a featured presenter who provides inspiration or information on artistic issues from their own experiences.
Information source for everything creative in our region:
- This website contains all the information about GALA events, activities, Call for Entries, and other important information.
- Facebook: engage in discussions, share news, links, images and other ideas with members and the public.
- eNewsletter: award winning monthly arts newsletter received via email which features area art shows, music performances, call for entries, classes, lectures, art-related articles, and other useful information. All members are encouraged to submit their news and announcements and use this as a valuable promotional tool. See all the past newsletters.
We would love to know what you would like GALA to provide to you as a member. So if you had not already answered survey questions when you joined, please take our brief questionnaire and give us your input! We are always striving to add benefits and improve the organization for our members.
GALA is run 100% by member volunteers. Our success is determined by the dedication and enthusiasm of our members. Be sure to use the tools provided by GALA to promote yourself and your artwork. In return, we kindly ask that if you can donate your time, ideas, skills, etc. in any way that you can, it will be tremendously appreciated. One simple way to help is to promote GALA and its events on your personal website, blog, or social media platform. Advertising shows and other events is quite costly, so any promotion that can be done by our members is extremely valuable. If you are interested in volunteering in any way, please email email@example.com or call 978-630-2340. Promoting the arts in our community is such a vital necessity. We appreciate you taking the first step and becoming a member of GALA and partnering with us to achieve our mission.